This year, the market has a new location in the 200 block of N. Washington Street near town square between Jackson and Oak streets. There will be music, children’s activities, artisans, and educational opportunities scheduled throughout the season. The new site is adjacent to the Flyover Community Garden and close to many downtown Carbondale restaurants. Community supported radio station WDBX has worked with the market to arrange a weekly line up of local music. Local restaurants will provide hot food and cold beverages for sale at the market. What a fun way to spend a Wednesday afternoon!
We'll have greens, greens and more greens at the market this week. Spring is all about the greens. If you are looking for an out of the box way to incorporate more delicious spring salad mix into your weekly food routine, check out the recipe below for easy weeknight spring rolls!
This week’s vendors:
- SIU Sustainable Farm: Salad Mixes and Kale
- Plant a Seed/La Colina Linda: Leeks, large scallions, mustard greens, carrots and gluten free vegan baked goods
- Mustard Seed Sowers: Kale, chard, red romaine, fresh herbs, dried herbs, handmade reed baskets, and hot and iced herbal teas
- Flora Bay Farm: - flower bouquets, fresh cut herbs,dried herbs, green garlic, French sorrel and Plant starts (herbs, veggies, fruit, Cascade hops)
- All Seasons Farm: lettuce, kale, eggs, pac choi, certified organic plant starts
- Silver Moon Skincare: Handmade soaps, lotions, and sprays
- Dayempur Herbals: Herbal tinctures, oils, salves, sprays and syrups made from organic and locally grown ingredients. Featuring allergy relief tinctures for spring.
- Union Springs Farm: spinach, salad mix, arugula, microgreens, heirloom tomato and pepper plants and other garden plants
- Homer Grown: Scallions, baby bok choy, popcorn, and vegetable, herb, and heirloom tomato starts
- Scratch: Rhubarb soda and hickory cream soda, flat bread, and freshly milled local bread, sourdough creations, and biscuits. Ask them about their new CSB (Community Supported Brewery) shares!
- Town Square Market/ Longbranch: Town Square Market/ Longbranch: handmade breads & pies, fair-trade organic coffee & Ambrosia tea, and a dinner special: Sloppy Joe’s (bar-b-que spiced local, organic ground meat served on a homemade organic bun with all the fixins, chips and beverages. Available to eat or to go!
- Carbondale Parks District with Kids Activities
- Illinois Nutrition Education Programs: SNAP-Education with an interactive activity table featuring a range of nutrition and healthy living topics
April 20th - Matthew Decker
April 27th - John Michael Veach
May 4th - Kathleen Shaffner
May 11th - Hey Honey
May 25th- Kevin Henshold-Spier